|"Never again." The tyranny and atrocities of Nazi Germany have been justly condemned by world opinion for over 50 years. But it is only recently that Communist despotism has begun to receive remotely similar attention.It would be a great tragedy if Communism disappeared from the earth without leaving behind an indelible memory of its horrors. Communism was not essentially about espionage, or power politics, or irreligion. Rather it was a grand theoretical synthesis of totalitarianism... a theory which millions of people experienced as the practice of murder and slavery.|
The roots of Communism lie squarely in the works of the philosopher Karl Marx. But at the same time, as we shall see, the tradition of Czarist absolutism also became an important source of Communist inspiration. The first exhibit to open explores the Marxist and Czarist origins of the Communist movement.
Other Anti-Communist SitesThese are links to other sites exposing the ugly history of Communism. I try to only include those that combine an anti-communist perspective with high scholarly standards.
- InfoUkes: Internet Resource about Ukraine and Ukrainians; Highlights include:
- Cambodian Auto-Genocide Page
- FreeViet Home Page
- Hoover Institution (including the personal homepage of historian Robert Conquest)
- Sophal Ear's Homepage
Fine work on Cambodian Communism, by a young scholar who lived to tell the tale. To see his paper The Khmer Rouge Canon, click here.
- Abebe Kebede's Ethiopian Communism and Fascism Holocaust Museum Homepage
- The Double Standard Of Stalin Revisionism
- Peter Boettke's Homepage
- Abdulrakhim Aitbayev's Eastern Turkistan Page
- Il comunismo in rete
- Chinese Genocide Against Mongols
- Laogai Research Foundation
- Free Cuba Foundation
- Freedom, Democide, War: R.J. Rummel's Homepage
- Free North Korea!
- Julien Fonjallaz Website
- Kalman's Great Escape from Communist Romania to the United States
- A Forgotten Odyssey: Poles Deported to Siberia
- Kresy-Siberia Group
Further Reading on Communism and RussiaHere are some other informative sites. I may not always agree with the conclusions or perspective of the authors, but consider them to be well-done.
- Companion Site for CNN's Cold War Documentary
- Cold War International History Project
- Brief History of Russia
- History of Russia
- Illustrated history of Russia and the Former USSR.
- Exhibit of 19th Century Muslim Life in the Russian Empire
- Russian History
- The Marxism-Leninism Project
- Soviet Archives: Entrance Room
- The Stalin Archive
- Nazi-Soviet Relations 1939-1941
This site reproduces a long list of primary documents on Nazi-Soviet relations during the first two years of World War II. It features the text of the Nazi-Soviet treaties and protocols, including the secret portion of the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact which divided up eastern Europe between Hitler and Stalin.
- Friends and Partners (the U.S. and Russia)
- Citizens Against Communist Chinese Propaganda
- Ayn Rand's Testimony Before the House Un-American Activities Committee
- Confessions of an ex commie by James Donald
- Full Context Interview with Jack Wheeler
- Cracks in the Iron Closet: Communist Persecution of Gays and Lesbians
- Tito's Home Page
- The Andrei Sakharov Foundation
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
- Silicon Valley for Democracy in China
- Vietnam Online
- The American 1950's
- Internet Modern History Sourcebook: VII: The End of European Hegemony
- Cuban American Democracy Project
- Cold War Museum
Put together by Gary Powers Jr.
Put together by independent scholar and Museum contributor Patrick Pacalo
Revisionists of the Communist Holocaust(s)Pro-Nazi and Holocaust Revisionist websites have received enormous media attention, but the web's contingent of apologists for Communist mass murderers has gone almost unnoticed. (For one honorable exception, see InfoUkes' page on Famine Revisionists). Like most web enthusiasts , I oppose government censorship of any sites. The flip side of the right of purveyors of hate to speak freely, however, is the right of other individuals to ostracize them and expose their defamation of the countless victims of totalitarian despotism.
- Maoist Internationalist Movement
- Progressive Labor Party WWW Home Page
- Stalin: Another View
- Revolutionary Worker Online
- Afghanistan Liberation Organization
And here is a morally comparable site in praise of North Korean Communism and its Stalinist founder, Kim Il-sung.
- ChajusongNumerous other sites that apologize for some or all of the human rights violations of Communist regimes exist. Check out the list of links at the Marxism-Leninism Project. Bear in mind, however, that this set of links contains quality historical studies along with pro-Communist apologetics.
- Here are some of the sites that openly defend the two greatest mass murderers of the century, Josef Stalin and Mao Zedong: